From my own perspective, an American that has been living in Buenos Aires for the past 6 years, as well as the opinions of the 27 Americans I interviewed for my master’s thesis on Americans living in Buenos Aires. P.S. Check out my top 10 worst things here
TOP 10 BEST THINGS ABOUT LIVING IN BUENOS AIRES
1. the language – castellano is the best Spanish ever!
2. the slower pace of life
3. the nightlife…it starts at 1am and goes until the morning.
4. food and drink: I’m talking about empanadas, steaks, choripan sandwiches, ice cream, dulce de leche anything, mate, and of course Malbec wine.
5. There is always something to do: weekend fairs, markets, concerts, cultural events, classes, protests…a lot of these activities are free. It is impossible to get bored in BA.
6. The neighborhoods. Palermo, Belgrano, China Town, Recoleta, San Telmo. Each with a unique look and personality.
7. The weather. So much sunshine.
8. Sunday “asados”. Pass the chimichurri!
9. So many bank holidays! The most in the world.
10. The people. And not just the locals, the foreigners too. People come to Buenos Aires from all over the world to visit and live so the international community is amazing and diverse.
Dulce de leche anything!! And the ice cream. You can find malbec wine- and mate-flavoured ice cream, can you believe it?
I totally want to try mate ice cream!!